Prince Harry returns to UK

SHARE

Prince Harry has returned to the UK for his final engagements before stepping away from royal life.

The 35-year-old prince has been in Canada with his wife Duchess Meghan and their nine-month-old son Archie since January 20 after announcing their intention to walk away from official duties but he flew back to Britain on Tuesday (25.02.20) for a string of official engagements.

On Wednesday (26.02.20) morning, Harry will be at the Edinburgh International Conference Centre for an event for eco-tourism initiative Travalyst, which he launched last summer to try and make tourism and travel more environmentally friendly and make greener options more accessible.

Harry is expected to unveil a holiday scheme with a ”scoring system” to help tourists pick environmentally friendly flights.

On March 5, Harry will be joined by Meghan at the Endeavour Fund Awards in London and two days later, they will be at the city’s Royal Albert Hall for the Mountbatten Music Festival.

It is unclear if Meghan and Archie are currently in the UK or if they will join Harry at a later date.

The couple will officially step back as working royals on 31 March.

Harry returned to the UK just days after he and Meghan released a statement confirming they wouldn’t be using ‘Royal’ in their branding and seemingly took a swipe at the decision for them not to do so.

They said: ”As The Duke and Duchess will no longer be considered full-time working Members of The Royal Family, it was agreed that use of the word ‘Royal’ would need to be reviewed as it pertains to organisations associated with them in this new regard…

”While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word ‘Royal’ overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use ‘Sussex Royal’ or any iteration of the word ‘Royal’ in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020.”

They also claimed their new position was under ”review”, while other members of the royal family had been allowed to work without conditions being imposed.

They said: ”The preference of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex was to continue to represent and support Her Majesty The Queen albeit in a more limited capacity, while not drawing on the Sovereign Grant.

”While there is precedent for other titled members of the Royal Family to seek employment outside of the institution, for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, a 12-month review period has been put in place.

”Per the agreement The Duke and Duchess of Sussex understand that they are required to step back from Royal duties and not undertake representative duties on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen.”